Monday, March 2, 2015

I've got 99 problems and a fish is one.

Not much new to report. Water parameters are apparently steady.  Temperature is rock solid.  I performed a 15+gallon water change on the weekend.  I did a test for Ammonia - 0ish (colour match test).
I'd like to get a constant monitor in there for nitrates, so I can keep an eye on that too.
I'm still trying to get a hold of the prof that agreed to supervise me.  I've asked the department secretary to let him know I'm trying to contact him.
Bah.

Still 17 alive, and they're (to my optimistic sight) noticeably larger.

Amazing!

Only 30 more weeks with the same number of problems and I'll be eating Pacu!

Interestingly, and disgustingly, my decorative tank has a problem, for the first time in probably a year.  One of the plecos has sloughed off a patch of skin about 1"x0.75" from his belly.
Only thoughts I have on it : Slept on the water heater, and was burned, or the introduction of some fish last week infected him with something awful.
I'll wait to make a decision on euthenasia.  He could pull out of this just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment